Mike Tyson's reason for going vegan: Prostitutes?

 Mike Tyson's reason for going vegan: Prostitutes?

Mike Tyson told "Today" host Ann Curry Tuesday morning that he adopted the vegan lifestyle to help usher in change - and not just change in what  was on his dinner plate.
While much of America was enjoying a first cup of coffee, the former heavyweight champion - who was on the program with director Spike Lee to plug his new one-man show on Broadway - took them down a winding road lined with hookers and regret as he explained what changed him.
"I just threw up the white flag,” he said. “Too many prison cells, jail, too many lawsuits, too many bankruptcies, too many women, too many venereal diseases, too many everything. I got tired."
And then there was this apparent tipping point: "I really got tired of um, every time my prostitute girlfriend came back from a trip I had to sleep with her, so I said you know, I’m going to live a different life."
But Tyson wasn't done yet. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I was a prostitute hunter,” he added.
It's only then that Curry says, “OK, I’m going to stop you there,” which was probably a good idea. If you want to hear more frank reflection from the boxer, you'll find it in his one-man production, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth," which will take over New York's Longacre Theatre from July 31 to August 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Memory News Copyright © 2011-2012 | Powered by Blogger