Katy Perry 'Wide Awake' Video: Singer Punches Prince Charming In The Face

Katy Perry Wide Awake Video
For the past two years, Katy Perry has been promoting her chart-topping album,Teenage Dream, taking her fantastical dream world from one country to the next.
On the outside, Perry really was living the dream. Teenage Dream was certified platinum, selling more than two million copies in the U.S. She then went on to tie Michael Jackson's record of most No. 1's from a single album, with five chart-topping hits.
However, things weren't always rainbows and fireworks, as the video for her new single, "Wide Awake," depicts.
“It’s kind of like the labyrinth of my life in the last two years,” Perry said of the “Wide Awake” video, during an "MTV First" interview. “I just wanted to tell a story about myself kind of going through this journey, maybe sometimes trying to get out of the maze. There’s good parts, there’s bad parts, and the whole time there’s the younger version of me leading me through.”
A huge part of that journey has been dealing with the emotional aftermath of her recent divorce from comedian Russell Brand. Perry alluded -- but never explicitly said -- that "Wide Awake" describes her feelings about her split from Brand. "I was in the dark, I was falling hard with an open heart. How did I read the stars so wrong. I was dreaming for so long. I wish I knew then what I know now. I wouldn't dive in, I wouldn't bow down," she sings.
“Of course there’s been a lot of things that went on last year that I had to get through and overcome and obstacles that I had to, you know, go through,” Perry explained. “I think what kept me going is just, like, the purity of my belief in music and my love for music.”
However, it's hard to deny the symbolism when Perry walks out of the darkness and into the arms of Prince Charming -- who she then promptly punches in the face. If only the prince had actually looked like Brand, then it would have made the moment even sweeter.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Memory News Copyright © 2011-2012 | Powered by Blogger